Arizona Geological Survey
Mission of the Arizona Geological Survey (AZGS) (For all AZGS Statutes click here)
1. Serve as a primary source of geologic information in this state to enhance public understanding of the state's geologic character, geologic hazards and limitations and mineral resources.
2. Inform, advise and assist the public in matters concerning the geological processes, materials and landscapes and the development and use of the mineral resources of this state.
3. Encourage the wise use of the lands and mineral resources of this state toward its development.
4. Provide technical advice and assistance in geology to other state and local governmental agencies engaged in projects in which the geologic setting, character or mineral resources of the state are involved.
5. Provide technical advice and assistance in geology to industry toward the wise development and use of the mineral and land resources of this state.
The AZGS main office is in Tucson, Arizona, with a branch office in Phoenix.